Monday, October 3, 2011

Pd 2-Read Act II in the graphic novel and viewed the film.

Pd 8-Read Act II scenes 3 & 4 and completed the following handout:
Macbeth
Act II
Scenes 3 & 4

Use the book to answer the following questions:

Pg 65
Lines 61-69
Explain what Lennox is telling Macbeth. What is the significance?

pg 67
Provide an example of irony.

Pgs 69-71
Lines 127-137
What is Macbeth’s excuse for killing the servants? What is his real reason?

Pg 75
Provide a line explaining why Malcolm and Donalbain are suspects in their father’s murder.


Pd 9-I returned their open-ended responses and required them to revise for full credit.

Macbeth thinks about what the witches have told him.

• How is he responding emotionally to what he has learned?
• Do you think he will leave it to “chance”?

Use the passage to provide support for your responses



This supernatural soliciting
Cannot be ill, cannot be good: if ill,
Why hath it given me earnest of success,
Commencing in a truth? I am thane of Cawdor:
If good, why do I yield to that suggestion
Whose horrid image doth unfix my hair
And make my seated heart knock at my ribs,
Against the use of nature? Present fears
Are less than horrible imaginings:
My thought, whose murder yet is but fantastical,
Shakes so my single state of man that function
Is smother'd in surmise, and nothing is
But what is not.

If chance will have me king, why, chance may crown me,
Without my stir.